• Place filter in the brewer and rinse with hot water.
• Drain rinse water by placing the brewer on top of the decanter. Be sure to dump your rinse water from the decanter as well.
• Weigh out 25g of whole bean coffee. Grind medium-coarse and pour into filter.
• Place everything on your scale and tare it to zero.
• Start timer and pour 50g of water over the coffee, making sure to saturate all the grounds thoroughly. Allow the coffee to bloom for 30 seconds.
• Begin pouring water and stop when you’ve reached 450g of water. Technique is not as important here as it would be with a pour over, just be sure to fully saturate the grounds.
• Let sit until the timer has reached 2 minutes.
• Gently lift the brewer and place it on top of the decanter. This will allow the coffee to begin draining. It should be done draining around 3.5 - 4 minutes.
• Give the decanter a swirl to aerate the coffee, pour yourself a cup, and enjoy!